Programs, Projects and Activities, using public and personal money, are the following:
- Saguip Maestra Program – Sponsored teachers to teach in public elementary schools in need of additional teachers. For example, Carusikis Elementary School in Pasuquin only has 3 teachers, each teaching 2 grade levels. In order to lessen the teaching load of the teachers there, I sponsored Karen to help them. Other beneficiaries of this program are Sta. Maria Elementary School in Laoag City and Gubang Elementary School in Vintar.
- Vocational Course Scholarships – Sponsored poor but deserving students to study Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW II) and Care Giver courses in INCAT, PrimaCare and Takuat Training Center.
- Japan Skills and Technology Transfer Program – Together with Ocean Bridge and Arc Foundation (OBAF) and the Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (TESDA), trained selected individuals for 3-year internship/skills training (i.e. electronics, welding, painting, etc.) in Japan. Out of the hundreds who applied, 10 are currently training in various parts of Japan.
- Inmate Skills Training and Livelihood Project – Together with the Ilocos Norte Provincial Jail (INPJ), gave a welding machine (with materials & equipment) for the inmate-welders to fabricate trash cans, bike racks, benches, road signs, window frames, etc. for use of the community. Recipients of this project include Paoay Lake National Park, Corocor-Cabulalaan River Park, SK Pasuquin, and MMSU-College of Arts and Sciences.
- Adult Legal Education – Together with the U.P. Law Center-Training and Convention Division, organized adult legal education seminars for barangay officials and lupon members under its Popularize the Law Program (POPLAW). Topics include the Local Government Code, the Katarungang Pambarangay Law and the Anti-Violence Against Women and Children Act. Held seminars in Laoag City and Vintar.
- On Campus Voter Registration – Together with COMELEC and Youth Vote Philippines, organized on campus voter registration for college students. Held one in Mariano Marcos State University (MMSU) – Batac City last February 2009 with 250 voters; another one in Northwestern University (NWU) last September 2009 with 100 voters; and the latest one in Divine Word College of Laoag (DWCL) this October 2009 with 85 voters.
- Bikes for the Barrios – Together with Wheels 4 Life Foundation, gave bikes to poor but deserving high school students living in far flung barangays for their use in commuting to school. Also gave bikes to barangay tanods for their use in patrolling the community. Recipients include Adams, Dumalneg, Bacarra and Laoag City. I also started a Ride-a-Bike program at Mariano Marcos State University in Batac by giving bikes to student councils to promote bike commuting.
- Support for Tourism Infrastructure – Had tourist site road signs fabricated and installed in National Highway. Signs made include for Cape Bojeador Light House, Kapurpurawan Rock Formation, Bangui View Deck, and Bangui Windmills. Installed a tourist site billboard in Pasuquin last September 2009.
- Tourism Promotion – Held the Zoom IN photo contest last December 2007. Winning photos were used to produce postcards and calendars promoting Ilocos Norte tourism.
- Sports Clinics – Together with the Amateur Softball Association of the Philippines (ASAPHIL), organized softball clinics for softball players and seminars for coaches and umpires in 2009 and 2010.
- Sports Equipment – Jointly with the Philippine Sports Commission (PSC) distribute basic sports equipment to schools and youth organizations.
- Medical Missions – Together with the Gov. Roque B. Ablan Memorial Hospital and the U.P. College of Medicine, conducts yearly medical and dental mission in Pasuquin.
Natural Family Planning – Together with the Population Commission (POPCOM), conduct reproductive health seminars in schools and barangays around the province. And together with the INPJ Women Inmates, manufacture menstrual cycle bead necklaces for distribution to couples in order for the latter to plan and control their pregnancies.
Oplan Iwas Rabies – Supplemented the supply of rabies vaccines of the Provincial Veterinarian Office to prevent the spread of rabies in canines.
Proper Soap Hand-washing Activity – I visit day care centers in Vintar, Burgos and Laoag City to teach children the proper way of washing hands with soap.